Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My week on “vacation” was fun, but a lot of work too. I think I need a vacation from the vacation. Isn’t that how it usually goes? The German kids were great and by the end of the week, I felt like there were all “MY” children. This of course means that at some point during the week I wanted trade them in to Disney World for some cool Mickey Ears. Even exchange I think!

I was afraid that I gained weight , I was good on my diet and exercise, but not as good as I would have been if I were at home. I wound up losing 3.5 lbs. I was amazed and very glad too. I did prove to myself that I could go on vacation and not make completely horrible eating choices. I enjoyed the exercise and found I missed OTTO a ton! When I would want to skip my run, I’d remember him telling me how I had to push myself. I am the one in control and I am the one that has to make this decision. So…..run I did. I bought some weights too and did some shoulder/arm/bicep work and water aerobics too.

So I am back at work, in my new job. Change is good. I must embrace it and go with the flow. No sense resisting because it will not change the outcome only make myself miserable!

My workouts with OTTO started back yesterday. It was a hard work out, but a good one. I have to work late tonight so OTTO met me at the gym at 0530 to do weights. I was soooooooo not into it and felt very sluggish but he kept me focused and moving.

Postives for me this week:
Ran 3.23. miles yesterday in 32:38 (first time ever running 5K)
Ran 1 mile this morning in 9:32 (my fastest time)

Thanks to everyone for following my blog! The support is GREAT!
I miss seeing Missy, Zac, Todd and Kristen....I hope I get to see you all soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment